DISCLAIMER: This blog contains affiliate links, which means that I will receive a small commission if you click on one of the product links. This helps support my blog and allows me to continue to make articles like this.
Budget Friendly Fun
Taking my family to Hawaii was the most beautiful experience I could of imagine. The plane tickets were expensive and I wanted to find things to do that wouldn’t break my wallet. I had my daughter look for some places to visit and I did my research. When we both came back with our results we had some great places to visit. Some were a bit pricey others were less than $20 or FREE. I want you to know that you can go to Hawaii and have a great time and save some money. Also, check with Groupon for some great deals that they offer.
Check with each destination for admission times and if you’re going during any holidays be prepared for a crowd. Sunblock and insect repellent is recommended as well. One thing I wish I had was a better pair of sneakers. We all love shopping for vacation and buying new clothes. But it’s best to bring a pair of shoes that you have worn and that is comfortable.
Breaking in a new pair of shoes or sneakers can be rough and lead to blisters. When hiking on some trails you want to protect your feet and ankles. You will need water shoes for some beaches due to rocks, coral, and broken shells. Bringing your lunch can save you from buying food. When going to the following destinations, stick to the rules, don’t go off the trails and most of all enjoys yourself.
THINGS TO DO IN HAWAII
- Honolulu Zoo– 151 Kapahulu Ave, Honolulu, HI- General Admission $19.00 – Adult 13+$11.00 – Children 3-12 Free – Children 2 and under. The parking entrance is on Kapahulu Ave and charges one dollar per hour. The Waikiki Shell parking lot across the street on Monsarrat Ave has free parking.
- Waikiki Aquarium 2777 Kalakaua Avenue, on the shoreline in Kapi‘olani Park-Admissions-Adult $12, (Ages 4 12) $5, (Ages 3 and under) Free, Resident (Ages 13-64) $8, Seniors (Ages 65+ and persons with disabilities) $5, Active Duty Military with current ID $8. PARKING– metered street parking on the left-hand (park) side of Kalakaua Ave. A very limited number of free parking stalls are located in front of the Waikiki Aquarium entrance. Those stalls are available only to visitors of the Waikiki Aquarium. Parking passes for two hours are available at the admission desk on busy days
- FREE BEACHES: Ala Moana Beach Park, Waikiki Beach, Kuhio Beach, Waimanalo Beach, and Kahala Beach. Most beaches offer metered parking. If parking in a residential area please be respectful to residents.
- Honolulu Museum of Art
- Ilolani Palace 364 South King Street, Honolulu. 50 minute self-guided, pre-recorded audio costs $14.75 for an Adult. Children/Youth (5-12) pay $6. Metered Parking
- FOSTER BOTANICAL GARDEN 180 N. Vineyard Blvd. Honolulu, HI. Adults: $5. Hawaii Residents: $3. Children 6-12: $1. Children under 5: Free
- DIAMOND HEAD STATE MONUMENT Diamond Head Rd. Honolulu, HI. Admission: $5/car or $1/person for pedestrians
BYODO IN TEMPLE Valley of the Temples Memorial Park-Kahaluu, Oahu, Hawaii-Entrance Fee CASH ONLY– Admission $5.00 (ages 13-64), $4.00 Seniors (age 65 & up), $2.00 Children (2-12 years)
HANAUMA BAY STATE PARK– 7455 Kalanianaole Hwy, Hon, Hawaii Park Entry Fee – $7.50- Parking Fee $1- Locals with State ID – FREE-Active Military – FREE- 12 yrs and under – FREE– Std Snorkel Set- $20.00 Cash & Credit Card Accepted.
Waimea Valley-59-864 Kamehameha Hawaii- Admission Fees: General Admission to the Valley: Visiting Adult -$16.95, Visiting Senior- $12.95 (age 62+) Visiting Student-$12.95 (college student must present I.D.) Visiting Child- $8.95 (ages 4-12) Visiting Group Rate $12.95 (per person – group of over 10 Adults) Kama’aina (Hawaii resident)/Military To qualify for Kama’aina/Military rates you must present a valid ID at the time of admission.
Pricing is subject to change without notice. Adult $12.00 each -Senior (age 62+) $8.00 each Student (college student must present I.D.) $8.00 each- Child (ages 4-12) $6.00 each- Group Rate (per person – group of over 10 Adults) $10.00. Cash and Credit Card Accepted
DOLE PLANTATION 64-1550 Kamehameha Hwy. Wahiawa, HI offers several tour COMBO options for Pineapple Express Train Tour, Pineapple Garden Maze, and the Plantation Garden Tour price range from $24.00- $7.00 Enjoy the best Pineapple Whip ice cream while you are there. Parking is FREE but due to large crowds, it may be hard to find parking. Go early to beat the rush and bring water along with you.
Nu’uanu Pali Lookout Pali Highway between Honolulu and Kailua-Admission is FREE. Parking $3 per Car.